Children at Woodmancote are encouraged to see themselves as part of not just a local community, but a national and international one. From donations to the Trussel Trust at harvest, Winston’s Wish collections after concerts and performances, through to non-uniform days for charities, all children are encouraged to see themselves as global citizens.
The school is a member of several partnerships, all of which are designed to ensure that children have a variety of experiences during their time with us.
- With the University of Gloucestershire we provide opportunities for trainee teachers to bring something new to the school community.
- Working with other Cheltenham schools we provide a range of opportunities for children who are Gifted and Talented in Art, Music, Maths, Writing and Creativity.
- With our local schools, Swindon Village, Gotherington and Grangefield, we are developing opportunities for staff development and Pupil Partnerships. This enables us to draw upon a wider range of skills and opportunities.
- The school has good links with St Michaels Church Bishops Cleeve who offer various facilities and activities for local families.
- The school is twinned Le Plaine School, Annecy.