Choosing a school for your child is an important decision and we hope that this website gives you the relevant information. However, there is nothing like visiting in person for getting a flavour of the school, and discovering what a very special place it is.
The best schools know that education should be concerned with the personal development of the whole child, intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual, social, aesthetic and emotional.
We aim to provide a broad curriculum to nurture growth in all these areas. We recognise that the rate of development in each of these areas varies from child to child, therefore our curriculum and teaching methods are designed to help each child realise his or her maximum potential.
Woodmancote School believes that by building self-esteem and confidence, equipping pupils with skills to learn, by working together as a team and by involving all stakeholders (parents and others), it will ensure a continuous improvement in its high standards of teaching and learning.
Please read the Prospectus and then come and spend some time here. You will receive a very warm welcome.
The school admissions criteria is as follows:
- ‘Looked after children’ – children in the care of the local authority or those who subsequently become subject to adoption or residence.
- Children who will have siblings attending the school at the time the applicant child is admitted.
- Children with the strongest geographical claim, measured in a straight line from the child’s ordnance survey address point to that of the school.
For details of Gloucestershire County Council’s admissions process click here.
Our next Open Events
If you have a child who is due to start school in September 2018 then please come along to one of open sessions to find out more about what our school has to offer:
- Thursday 29th June 9.15am – 10.15am
- Wednesday 5th July 1.30pm-2.30pm
Everybody is welcome and there is no need to book, just turn up on the day!